Lies and menace mixed with finesse. Magadalina Sylvain surely knows a thing or two about sins like scarlets being made as white as snow. In her book, “How I Lied My Way to the Altar…Now I’m Happily Married,” Magadalina authentically tells her journey of past indiscretions, and how she found not only real love, but her husband and best friend.
Sylvian is originally from The Big Apple, but now resides in Orlando, Florida. She is a motivational speaker that is compassionate and enthusiastic. Magadalina inspires women of faith who are frustrated, discouraged, and believe that they will never make it to the alter by sharing her expertise and knowledge. Here is a little bit about Magadalina:
Tell us about your business.
“I have a coaching business where I help women overcome their biggest challenge that cripples them from moving forward in life and it’s usually themselves. I created a 7 week live coaching group where I teach women the Fortified Prayer Technique, which are the tools needed to overcome their fears, negative thought patterns and doubts of the unknown. At the completion of my course women are able to identify what their true passion and purpose is and use the tools learned to increase their faith and courage to make the necessary decision and move forward with their future goals.”
Why did you decide to take the LEAP to become an entrepreneur?
“I always had the desire to help women and encourage them towards their dreams. Those gifts naturally came to me. I thought it would be something I would do on the side in addition to working my full-time job. The day I decided to become an entrepreneur was the day it dawned on me that no matter how hard I worked for another person/company there was always going to be a ceiling. A point where I could no longer advance or make more money. I was limited and that went against my own beliefs.”
What’s the best part about being your own boss?
“Having complete autonomy on what direction I want my business to go. I am in control. I can create whatever I want however I want.”
“OVERCOMING YOUR OWN LIMITED BELIEFS, YOUR OWN FEARS, AND DOUBTS about the direction that you’re going in and the decisions that you make. There is no one else to defer to but yourself.”
What have been some of your challenges and successes in business?
- “A couple of challenges I faced was to come to grips with the idea that success does not happen overnight. It’s a process of refining. Another challenge was realizing that I had to give the same discipline to my business like I did towards my job. We love the idea of being our boss not realizing that you have to be both the employee and the employer. Which means giving yourself a schedule, dedicating time towards your business and understanding that in the beginning the responsibilities for success lies upon you.”
- “My successes in business is doing what I said I was going to do despite all the evidence that said I could not and should not do it. I conquered myself and created what I said I was going to create. I wrote and published my book. I created and started a class encouraging women to overcome themselves and I’ve done speaking engagements in front of hundreds of women like I said I would. What makes it even greater is the fact that my children are able to witness these accomplishments and know the power of the word and that is the greatest success that will continue to carry me forward.”
What do you love about working in your city?
“The great thing about my business is that I am not tied to one location. A great portion of my business is done online. However, Orlando is beautiful, and I enjoy waking up to the bright sun and going for daily walks which helps keep me inspired. Not to mention the tax breaks that entrepreneurs get.”
What are 3 skills every entrepreneur should have?
- “Developing mental toughness.
- Objective listening skills. Not attaching your emotions to feedback but rather utilizing it to grow.
- Adaptability, being able to adjust when necessary. Change is the only thing that is constant, so you have to be willing to change and adapt in order for your business to continue to grow.”
Magdalina Sylvain originally from New York, now residing in Orlando, FL, is the author of How I lied My Way To The Altar And Now I’m Happily Married. She is a compassionate, enthusiastic motivator and speaker, inspiring women of faith who are frustrated and discouraged just as she was, and believe they will never make it to their altar!